South Carolina Tight end Hayden Hurst goes off the board late in round 1, the San Francisco 49ers trade down, Cleveland goes offense with picks #1 and #4, the Cowboys find Dez Bryant’s replacement and three wide receivers go in the second half of round 1.
Moon Man’s NFL Mock Draft 4.0
1. Cleveland Browns draft USC quarterback Sam Darnold.
The only QB with Zero questions surrounding his talent, committment and maturity. Im staying pat with Darnold as the #1 Overall Pick in 2018! Hang tight Browns fans because he won’t start until 2019 (unless injuries occur).
Quarterback Depth Chart: Tyrod Taylor, Drew Stanton, Sam Darnold.
2. New York Giants draft N.C. State defensive end Bradley Chubb.
I’ve gone back and fourth with this pick. I don’t see the Giants drafting a quarterback other than Darnold at #2. Trading down is a possibility. Maybe Buffalo offers up 3 picks, maybe Miami makes a move or maybe the Cardinals give up the house to get their quarterback of the future. A trade is the best bet for the Giants if they find a suiter. A trade lets the Giants draft immediate impact starters. I could see them addressing the running back and defensive back positions as a priority with a trade.
3. New York Jets draft UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen.
Quarterback Depth Chart: Josh Mccown, Teddy Bridgewater, Josh Rosen, Christian Hackenberg.
4. Cleveland Browns draft Penn State running back Saquon Barkley.
Cleveland’s offense is looking explosive. Todd Haley now has two three down backs and pass catching Duke to go along with a good receiving core. Sam Darnold will step in come 2019 as the Browns organization is on the rise. Especially in the Fantasy Football World!
Running Back Depth Chart: Carlos Hyde, Saquon Barkley, Duke Johnson Jr. and Matt Dayes.
5. Denver Broncos trade down with the Arizona Cardinals? The Broncos get picks #15, #47, #79 and a 2019 4th round pick. The Cardinals get pick #5 and #133 in this year’s draft???
Arizona Cardinals draft Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson???
No way Larry Fitzgerald returns knowing the Cardinals were not playing for 2018!
Denver Broncos draft Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick.
6. Indianapolis Colts draft the best offensive lineman in the draft. Notre Dame offensive guard Quenton Nelson.
Nelson will start at right guard besides center Ryan Kelly.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers draft Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward.
Ward will start opposite 2017 first round pick Vernon Hargreaves. Wiley vet Brent Grimes will fill in as the nickel back and rotate in at the safety position.
8. Chicago Bears draft Virginia Tech hybrid outside linebacker Tremaine Edmunds.
Edmunds is an immediate impact player for a Bears team that needs help on the front line. Akiem Hicks was a bright spot the past two season. The addition of Edmunds give the bears a pass rusher in the line which they need. It also give them a starting outside linebacker. Along side Leonard Floyd, Sam Acho, Danny Trevathan, Nick Kwiatkoski and Aaron Lynch.
9. San Francisco 49ers trade down with the Buffalo Bills. Bills acquire pick #9 and #74. 49ers acquire pick #12 and #53.
Buffalo Bills draft Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen.
Buffalo Bills Depth Chart: AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman, Josh Allen.
10. Oakland Raiders draft UTSA edge rusher Marcus Davenport.
Khalil Mack and Davenport make for a potentially potent pass rushing duo.
11. Miami Dolphins draft Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield.
Ryan Tannehill is the starter in Miami for now. If another team suffers an injury to their starting quarterback during the season. Watch out now!
12. San Francisco 49ers (via Buffalo) draft Florida State defensive back Derwin James.
Jimmie Ward moves to cornerback opposite Richard Sherman, Jaquiski Tartt showed his worth in 2017 and will lineup alongside Derwin James.
13. Washington Redskins draft Washington defensive tackle/nose tackle Vita Vea.
Vea will start at nose tackle and rotate with Ziggy Hood.
14. Green Bay Packers draft Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith.
Adding Roquan to the mix will be great for this subpar defensive. Green Bay’s defensive unit struggled in 2017. With injuries playing a big part. Free Agent signing Muhammad Wilkerson will aid in the improvement of their 3-4/4-3 defense. Round two is where the Pack will address the cornerback position.
15. Arizona Cardinals draft Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Quarterback Depth Chart: Sam “always injured” Bradford, Mike Glennon and Lamar Jackson.
16. Baltimore Ravens draft Notre Dame offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey.
The Ravens now have Ronnie Stanley and McGlinchey. Both can play either side. Expect McGlinchey to start at right tackle and improve the Ravens run game in 2018. If Alex Collins performs the way he did last year. The Ravens top notch defense and ball control offense is promising.
17. Los Angeles Chargers draft Michigan defensive tackle Maurice Hurst.
The Chargers struggled against the run in 2017. Hurst will be an immediate starter and help aid in what should be a Top 10 defense in 2018.
18. Seattle Seahawks draft Iowa cornerback Joshua Jackson.
Joshua Jackson will start opposite stud cornerback Shaquill Griffin.
19. Dallas Cowboys draft Alabama wide receiver Calvin Ridley.
20. Detroit Lions draft Florida defensive lineman Taven Bryan.
21. Cincinnati Bengals draft Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans.
22. Buffalo Bills draft Maryland wide receiver D.J. Moore.
23. New England Patriots (from Los Angeles Rams) draft UCLA offensive tackle Kolton Miller.
Patriots losing Nate Solder is huge and Miller may fill the void. One things for sure, the Patriots draft lineman! The recipe to beat Tom Brady used to be just pressure him. The Philadelphia Eagles showed you can beat him by outscoring him as well.
24. Carolina Panthers draft Louisville cornerback Jaire Alexander.
Charlotte, North Carolina’s own comes home as the Panther’s starting cornerback. Alexander will be lining up against #1 wide receivers Michael Thomas, Mike Evans and Julio Jones in his upcoming rookie season.
25. Tennessee Titans draft Boston College edge rusher Harold Landry.
26. Atlanta Falcons draft Texas A & M wide receiver Christian Kirk.
27. New Orleans Saints draft Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch.
28. Pittsburgh Steelers draft UCF cornerback Mike Hughes.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars draft Georgia offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn.
Wynn will most likely lineup at guard. His ability to play all five positions on the line are valuable. The Jags now sure up their interior with this pick.
30. Minnesota Vikings draft Texas offensive tackle Connor Williams.
31. New England Patriots draft South Carolina tight end Hayden Hurst.
32. Philadelphia Eagles draft LSU running back Darius Guice.
Follow Moon Man on Twitter @FFPmoonman
Check out a few other articles below:
3 thoughts on “Round 1 Mock Draft 4.0”