Alright, Alrightttt….Week 3 of the NFL preseason is here and so are my Top 151 Wide Receivers! I’ve watched every NFL game from 2017, the 2018 preseason and spent countless hours of research. Most recently analyzing snap counts this preseason and why each specific offense is targeting certain receivers.
Where are these receivers used? The slot? Does it even matter dependent upon the style of offense? Each team’s regular season schedule plays a role and of course the injury risk. Which is why I continually refer to not ranking OBJ higher in 2017. I feel comfortable with him this year after seeing him live. However he still sits outside my top five as the Giants offense will certainly spread the ball around in 2018.
DeAndre Hopkins sits atop my rankings due to Antonio Brown’s age, health risk and opinion that the other players around him deserve targets. Which is why Ju Ju should not be overlooked in Fantasy Football drafts!
These rankings are how I see it panning out come season’s end. Like Marquis Goodwin of the San Francisco 49ers. Im ranking him 15th. Mainly because of the obvious connection anyone watching can see and the offense he is in. Nothing like forecasting in August.
Players you should draft based on their average draft position because you’ll definitely get value are guys like Amari Cooper, Marquis Goodwin, Michael Gallup, Mike Williams and D.J. Moore.
After those guys there is higher risk. Check out my rankings and match up my number with their ADP. If you see fit, pull the trigger. Cheers and heres to no injuries in week 3 of the preseason.
Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings: Deep Sleepers
- DeAndre Hopkins
- Antonio Brown
- Keenan Allen
- Julio Jones
- Michael Thomas
- Odell Beckham Jr.
- A.J. Green
- Davante Adams
- Tyreek Hill
- Amari Cooper – To see the reasoning for my top ten. Check out this detailed article filled with stats: (https://ffphilosophy.com/2018/08/15/top-ten-wide-receiver-rankings-full-ppr/).
- Mike Evans (Buccaneers)
- Stefon Diggs (Vikings)
- Doug Baldwin (Seahawks)
- T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
- Marquis Goodwin (49ers) – Jimmy G love connection!
- Jarvis Landry (Browns) –
- Ju Ju Smith Schuster (Steelers)
- Corey Davis (Titans) –
This guy is a beast and if he was on a team that utilized him as a true #1. He would be in my top ten. Mariota will have positive touchdown regression so the whole offense will improve.
- Adam Thielen (Vikings)
- Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals) – Sorry for the disrespect Larry.
- Golden Tate (Lions)
- Brandin Cooks (Rams)
- Demaryius Thomas (Broncos)
- Allen Robinson (Bears) – He will not produce like 2014 in Jacksonville. Im Fading at his current ADP
- Robert Woods (Rams) – Underrated!
- Marvin Jones (Lions)
- Emmanuel Sanders (Broncos) – Out to prove he is an elite receiver and will see burn out the slot. Last year was an outlier.
- Randall Cobb (Packers)
- Devin Funchess (Panthers)
- Julian Eldeman (Patriots)
- Alshon Jeffery (Eagles) – PUP?
- Robby Anderson (Jets)
- Michael Crabtree (Ravens)
- Josh Gordon (Browns)
- DeVante Parker (Dolphins) – Ugggh! I was hype on him for the last two seasons and then I hopped off the wagon. Yet am feeling the need for a drink already?
- Jordy Nelson (Raiders) –
The only people that like him more than me is Gruden, Rodgers and my brother. Im still rocking with Jordy so keep on hatn. He will be used all over the field, underneath routes, intermediate routes, deep routes and redzone targets. He will also throw for 1 touchdown pass. JORDY!
- Cooper Kupp (Rams) – Mr. Redzone!
- Jamison Crowder (Redskins) – Alex Smith and Crowder should be potent together. However, the Redskins offense will not be. Have fun with the highs and lows of Crowder.
- Kenny Golladay (Lions) – This is the year he goes off? Well, maybe not like Megatron but he should produce a consistent stretch that lands him in the top 40 receiver rankings by season’s end. Come 2019, Golladay will be a top 25 receiver.
- Michael Gallup (Cowboys)
- Marqis Lee (Jaguars)
- Pierre Garcon (49ers)
- Kelvin Benjamin (Bills) – Josh Allen is more accurate than Cam Newton? Kelvin popped off and might just produce early on in 2018. Still, its a 17 week season. Fade!
- Chris Hogan (Patriots) – Weeks 1-4 he is the #1 receiver in New England. Trade him when Eldeman comes back because this New England team will still utilize the running backs and tight ends.
- Sammy Watkins (Chiefs) – Ummm, yea. I dunno. Can you think of a more talented receiver that is not utilized? Other than a decoy I mean. He did play every receiver position last year and should improve off of that in 2018. Classic risk/reward player. Im not targeting him but if the opportunity presents itself. He is worth a mid-late rd selection.
- Will Fuller (Texans) – All he does is catch touchdowns.
- Nelson Agholor (Eagles) – Solid flex option.
- Mike Williams (Chargers) – At his current ADP, he is a no brainer.
- Kenny Stills (Dolphins) – This guy should see close to 100 targets.
- Allen Hurns (Cowboys)
- D.J. Moore (Panthers) –
If you think Torrey Smith will be the Ted Ginn of old, then don’t draft Moore. Wait, you actually think that?
- Rishard Matthews (Titans) – Corey Davis believer I am. Still, Rishard has produced in his career. So snag him up in the late rounds. The Titans offense will spread the ball around. Davis, Delanie, Lewis and Rishard are the best receiving options.
- Paul Richardson (Redskins)
- John Brown (Ravens) – Hopefully he stays healthy. Unfortunate because noone wants to see another person not be able to do what they love.
- Mohamed Sanu (Falcons)
- Mike Wallace (Eagles) – Dependable guy who has matchup based value.
- James Washington (Steelers) – This offense is gonna be fun to watch!
- Josh Doctson (Redskins) – Dude is fragile.
- Calvin Ridley (Falcons) – What if Julio is on the injury report every week? Like he is every year. SMH.
- Danny Amendola (Dolphins) – Remembering when he was a beast for the Rams but I never drafted him because the health thing. This year, it might bite me in the butt. Thankfully, the receiver position is deep and he is on the Dolphins.
- Geronimo Allison (Packers) – Don’t be worried that he isn’t getting targeted in the preseason. When playing with Rodgers. Its important to be on the same page when adjustments are called at the line or during a route mentally. Allison is the #3 receiver for the time being.
- Sterling Shepard (Giants)
- John Ross (Bengals) – Time for him to show his stuff. Don’t ignore his skills. He is the number 2 receiver in a good offense. Yes, the Bengals offense will be good this year.
- Ted Ginn Jr. (Saints)
- Jermaine Kearse (Jets)
- Martavis Bryant (Raiders) – Yea, I thought he would be great in Oakland. Yet, Gruden said he is hot n cold. So does that mean some hot games keep him fantasy relevant? Id say so. Drafting this “white tiger” is risky unless its the late rounds.
- Cameron Meredith (Saints) – If healthy, upside.
- Tyler Lockett (Seahawks) – If healthy, upside.
- Trent Taylor (49ers) – Jimmy G is cheating on Goodwin with Taylor. Good thing for us is that Jimmy G will be slinging the rock alot in 2018.
- Tre’Quan Smith (Saints) – In the Saints offense and has skills. Enough said.
- Courtland Sutton (Broncos) – So will Jake Butt or Courtland be the redzone target?
- Ryan Grant (Colts)
- Keelan Cole (Jaguars) – Upside.
- Chris Godwin (Buccaneers) – Upside.
- Anthony Miller (Bears) – Might be the best rookie receiver but the offensive QB is not so good.
- Dez Bryant (Free Agent)
- Christian Kirk (Cardinals) – Should start week 1 or soon thereafter. He is just that much better than Chad/Brice. However long it takes for him to convert from being a predominantly slot wr will determine when he gains value.
- Desean Jackson (Buccaneers) – Speed still kills. Godwin must be good since he supplanted Desean?
- Brandon Marshall (Seahawks)
- Dede Westbrook (Jaguars) – There is Lee and than a jumble of unpredictable targets being spread weekly. Dede is who I like if I had to pick.
- Terrance Williams (Cowboys)
- Chad Williams (Cardinals)
- Marquez Valdez-Scantling (Packers) – Along with Kumerow gaining traction. Green Bay grows their roster through the draft. I thought Rodgers needed to see more out of these guys? I dunno what he was talking about because they’ve shined in the pre season.
- Donte Moncrief (Jaguars)
- Tyrell Williams (Chargers)
- Tavon Austin (Cowboys)
- Taywan Taylor (Titans)
- Cordarrelle Patterson (Patriots)
- Quincy Enunwa (Jets)
- Corey Coleman (Bills)
- Taylor Gabriel (Bears)
- Dante Pettis (49ers) – Might just be a beast come mid season or at least when Garcon can’t play due to a hammy/quad/toe injury.
- Zay Jones (Bills)
- Jaron Brown (Seahawks)
- Tyler Boyd (Bengals) – Watch out for the Bengals this year! Boyd is their slot man.
- Albert Wilson (Dolphins)
- Willie Snead (Ravens) – Slot receiver but I don’t trust his health.
- Cole Beasley (Cowboys)
- Chester Rogers (Colts) –
Andrew Luck healthy gives him huge upside outta the slot.
- Phillip Dorsett (Patriots) – Will he finally get targeted by Tom? For a guy who plays more snaps than the other guys. He just doesn’t get targeted.
- Chris Conley (Chiefs)
- Deonte Thompson (Cowboys)
- Mack Hollins (Eagles) – If Alshon is on the PUP to start the season. Hollins may be worthwhile.
- Terrelle Pryor (Jets)
- Torrey Smith (Panthers)
- Adam Humphries (Buccaneers)
- Kevin White (Bears)
- Antonio Callaway (Browns) – Playmaker and might shine if Duke Johnson gets hurt.
- Bruce Ellington (Texans)
- Cam Simms (Redskins) – Have you seen his efficiency in the preseason? On a team in which an injury to one or two of the starters is a higher probability than other teams. Put him on your watch list.
- Curtis Samuel (Panthers)
- Rashard Higgins (Browns)
- Travis Benjamin (Chargers)
- Brice Butler (Cardinals)
- T.J. Jones (Lions)
- Andre Holmes (Bills)
- Jake Kumerow (Packers)
- Brandon Powell (Lions) –
This is my guy. I just love his athleticism and football I.Q. in real game speed. He is on a Lions team that has a crowded receiving group and Theo Riddick. He has huge upside if one of the big 3 wrs or Riddick go down. Keep an eye on him.
- Laquon Treadwell (Vikings)
- Jeremy Kerley (Bills)
- Tajae Sharpe (Titans)
- Brashad Perriman (Ravens) – He is finally healthy!
- Devin Lucien (Patriots)
- Cody Latimer (Giants)
- Josh Malone (Bengals) – Alot of experts like him which means you should pay attention to him.
- Demarcus Robinson (Chiefs)
- Justin Hardy (Falcons)
- Shelton Gibson (Eagles)
- Josh Reynolds (Rams)
- Tommy Lee Lewis (Saints)
- Javon Wims (Bears)
- Eric Decker (Patriots)
- Jarius Wright (Panthers)
- Charles Johnson (Jets)
- Braxton Berrios (Patriots)
- Equanimeous St. Brown (Packers)
- Zach Pascal (Colts)
- Kendall Wright (Vikings)
- Tanner Gentry (Bears)
- Richie James (49ers)
- Justin Hunter (Steelers)
- Chris Moore (Ravens)
- Charone Peake (Jets)
- Griff Whalen (Raiders)
- ArDarius Stewart (Jets)
- Damoun Patterson (Steelers)
- Damiere Bryd (Panthers)
- Ryan Switzer (Raiders)
- Bennie Fowler (Bears)
- Janarion Grant (Ravens)
- Pharoh Cooper (Rams)
(Teams Going Off + Thoughts Flexed In) = Combination Lineups
May the Fantasy Force Be With You.
Follow Moon Man on Twitter @FFPmoonman
2 thoughts on “Deep Sleepers Wide Receiver Rankings (Full Point PPR)!”